Add New Content

Please log in or register to add new content.


Report Inaccuracies

German Evangelical Church, Hudson Road, Sunderland

Type: Church

Built in 1873. The large number of Germans coming through Sunderland on business made the foundation of this church possible. After the war the is was used as a warehouse and was re-opened as a Presbyterian church in 1931.

Tyne and Wear Sitelines website (Historic Environment Record):

Sunderland Antiquarian Society website, “Places of Worship in Old Sunderland”:

Civil Parish: Sunderland

Contributed by Durham at War Team

Comments on this story


There are no comments on this story yet.