German Evangelical Church, Hudson Road, Sunderland
Built in 1873. The large number of Germans coming through Sunderland on business made the foundation of this church possible. After the war the is was used as a warehouse and was re-opened as a Presbyterian church in 1931.
Tyne and Wear Sitelines website (Historic Environment Record):
Sunderland Antiquarian Society website, “Places of Worship in Old Sunderland”:
Civil Parish: Sunderland
Contributed by Durham at War Team
Comments on this story
There are no comments on this story yet.